Decline or Revolt?

Recently, I was contacted for a nice editorial commentary. The article deals with how Americans are really unhappy with how the government is running things: sound familiar? It goes into detail of how the governments keeps failing, is broken, steals from the people, and needs to be revamped or replaced. Below are the sketches I submitted:


The AD decided to go with my favorite, our lady liberty. I was very happy he chose this as I really felt it related to the fall of statues such as Stalin and Hussein. In terms of color, I decided to portray the image in cheerful colors as the vibe of the article was that revolting or overtaking the government would be beneficial to Americans.

Final art:

I always enjoy the assignments where I feel my artwork is making an important comment on our society, and I look forward to more!

Enjoy the Day,
Chris

3 comments: