If Dale Earnhardt Were Still Alive


November of 2010 marked the 10-year anniversary of Dale Earnhardt's passing.

The article basically lays out an alternate reality for NASCAR, Dale Jr, and Dale Sr's company (DEA). Craig asked that I focus on the effect on Dale Jr for most of the sketches while exploring overall themes if I wanted.

Sketches:
1: A montage of accomplishments by Dale Jr with Dale Sr's head in clouds
2: Dale Sr over his DEA racing team which the article suggests would have become a powerhouse in NASCAR
3: Reflection of Dale Jr's car number in Dale Sr's trademark glasses
4: Another montage with more "holy" atmosphere

Sketch #2 was chosen with the addition of a DEA hat and Dale trademark glasses. The image was to run small so the racers were edited out for a nice simple portrait of a white-moustached Dale Sr:

Finish:

I'm sure some of the folks back home in the Blue Ridge Mountains will get a kick of out my drawing The Intimidator! This image may also be offered as a large scale print; if anyone is interested, send me an email :)

Enjoy the Day,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment