I'm always happy to show work that I've done with repeat clients. One such person who I've worked on for three different magazines is Dennis who is blowing up NYC. Over the past few years we've tackled a variety of subject matter ranging from nerd-rap to mechanics playing football to fancy footwork.
This assignment was a bit of a twist, though. The subject matter was one man's exploration of switching his racket grip and how it slowly improved his game. The article features a full-page image and a half-pager to finish up the layout. We decided to focus on the grip debate for the large image and the effort put into re-learning technique for the smaller image.
Sketches:
Dennis had me adjust the grip on one of the sketches and I went to final. I must say it is always very straightforward when working with, Dennis; that's fine by me :)
Here are some great layouts by Dennis; I always feel like I learn something when looking at how ADs layout my work in an article! Concerning the art, I tried out some textures on these images with results that I enjoyed, and I'm still playing with linework; some pieces work better with it, some don't :)
Thanks for reading!
Enjoy the Day,
Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment