Predicitng Future Tech

Recently, I was contacted for a quick editorial about how difficult it is to predict the future of technology. The article was an interesting and fun read.

The sketches:

I liked the idea of "eating crow/lying" for this image as it cited several wrong predictions about telephones, computers, and tv being unpopular, but it was agreed that the crystal ball hit all the aspects of the article in a more general manner.


As you can see, I tried out a new palette for this image. I don't know why, but I had been really wanting to use magenta/blue for an image? Who knows where this stuff comes from. I was going to add a background silhouette of the figure to whom the hands belong to, but it seemed one layer too many so it was omitted for an easier-to-read image.

On an interesting sidenote, I listened to "Transcendant Man" , among other documentaries, while working on this project. Its an interesting look at the future of tech and how we will have incorporate it into ourselves OR incorporate ourselves within it. (Wha???)

Thanks for reading!

Enjoy the Day,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment