An AD hit me up for an article addressing how movie theaters are pushing their accessibility on mobile devices. Being a devout online shopper, I was familiar with the mechanics of the process, but it was interesting to read about how all the "business" stuff works that allows you to buy a ticket on your phone.
Sketches:
(click for large view)
The section's illustrated article is usually in a long vertical format that can be a challenge in terms of composition. Of the four, I was happy with how three turned out; I thought Derek's selection for final would look great in context.
Final:
(click for large view)
As you may notice, I'm experimenting a bit, and I really like the more subtle coloring. Look out for more of this approach in the coming projects. I'm still refining it, but I think it has great qualities that make my work less aggressive (a positive for more whimsical concepts). Needless to say, I still enjoy some "in your face" limited color images as well, and I will still be using that approach when appropriate.
Thanks to Derek for great assignment, and thanks to you for reading!
Enjoy the Day,
Chris



No comments:
Post a Comment