Gathering Tutor Info

Hello, hello! My apologies for the brief hiatus in posts, but I have been very busy lately! The good news is there will be lots of art to share in March and April!

I was recently contacted for another back page commentary. These are always enjoyable assignments as she gives me a lot of freedom with concepts as well as image format and composition. The assignment concerning gathering data on tutor performance was very similar to a previous commission, and so I had to find new creative ways to show "investigating education." The sketches:

The first sketch features a Sam Spade-like detective doing some recon.

Sketch #2 continued the spying theme with our detective using some binoculars to gather info from a distance.

The third sketch was a step in another direction with a literal grading of an educator. The AD said this sketch "made her laugh out loud," but I think it was too humorous for the article.

They went with the first sketch, and I worked up a final that I am very pleased with. I rarely work on white, and I rarely work with green! Thanks to Education Week for a fun assignment; it always makes me feel good to do work for a good cause.

Speaking of which, I urge fellow artists to contribute to The Haiti Poster Project, a charity in which selected poster will be sold to benefit those dealing with hardships due the earthquake and aftershocks.

Enjoy the Day,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment