VERY rough, I know. But when I provide such rough ideas, I work out a refined sketch to give the AD a good idea of what the final will look like; this also allows them to get a jumpstart on the layout:
I really like the way this cover turned out. I went through a lot of color versions only to come back to this approach. Thanks to the AD for encouraging me to work on a black background; that's always fun! And as you can probably tell, I really like drawing hands :)
Enjoy the Day!
Chris
great idea, great execution
ReplyDeletePretty awesome concept!
ReplyDeleteaw, thanks guys!
ReplyDeleteNice visual! Looks more like the cover of a book than magazine.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Munchanka! I hope to someday do some more book covers. Fingers crossed!
ReplyDeletehey chris this is a great cover! lot's of power to it. great concept.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Rich. Maybe I'll start referring to my work as "power" style! Heh heh...oh yeah...
ReplyDelete