An AD recently contacted me for a cool assignment about securing personal information; for those of us that are a bit paranoid, this was a pretty interesting concept.
The art director's description:
Turns out the founder's identity has been taken 13 times!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Headline: Cracking LifeLock
Story:
Even a $12 million penalty for deceptive advertising can’t make this
Tempe company be honest about its worthless identity-theft prevention service
A main theme is that CEO Todd Davis' ID has been unlocked, picked and abused
to commit more than dozen successful identity crimes. The service can't protect
people in a meaningful, substantive way. It's worthless.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ideas that we are throwing about here:
> heart padlock (Unlocked)
> man's chest safe door (Unlocked)
the type of lock could be very cool as well:
> dial lock
> briefcase lock
> padlock
Graphically simple and dark about identity theft.
Working off of AD direction, I worked up these sketches:
Sketch 1 focuses on the frailty of the Lifelock service.
Sketch 2 addressed the un-security of personal information through an easily accessible safe;
there is no trouble getting in if its not locked!
The last sketch applied the concept more directly to a figure; I was excited to do this sketch with the lighting example shown while using different colors.
The second sketch was chosen, and I was happy to go to finish as rendering mechanical images is always a welcome challenge! The final art:
As always, I enjoy the AD's text treatment as it is an integral part of the image.
Enjoy the Day,
Chris




i know this is old but me likes this one
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jason! I think this image may actually be moving to the archive, though as I recently did a cover for Phoenix New Times that I think will replace this one in the portfolio. Keep yer eyes peeled!
ReplyDelete