Creating Better Lesson Plans

I was quite fortunate to have another crack at a commentary page over the summer. The article dealt with how current methods of evaluating teachers is not benefiting students, and it calls for a new recognition-based approach that makes teachers want to create better lesson plans, share knowledge, and work toward a common goal as opposed to a paycheck.

Sketches:
1) Spotlight on teachers
2) Creating better lesson plans
3) Sharing knowledge

The AD decided to go with the puzzle-piece image. I am happy with how this turned out, and I also enjoyed the sharing knowledge sketch; I may work it up to a finish in some downtime.

Final Image:

I flipped the final as I felt it worked better to have the figure working toward the left and luckily the AD agreed! I always enjoy these commissions as I really feel the publication benefits everyone, and I'm proud to have my artwork on the back page.

Enjoy the Day,
Chris

1 comment:

  1. i always love seeing your sketches. they're all wonderful pieces, especially "spotlight on teachers". of course the final came out excellent as well. amazing colors lately (and as always) too!

    ReplyDelete