This article was the author's commentary on the current situation in Arizona where the state government is doing questionable things to enforce immigration law. The article works several angles including:
1) having country borders makes no sense, and we should be able to come and go as we please
2) uh... everything they do is not working
3) it is selfish and a waste of taxpayer money
I decided to try and hit each point with a sketch and lovely description:
The AD decided to go with the crawling figures sketch, and I was happy to oblige. I experimented a bit with the silhouette of the main figure in order to direct the focus to the small figures, and I like the result; its a bit darker and subdued than my typical work, but I think it has a place in my approach.
Final art:
I was kind of looking forward to possibly rendering the "no vacancy" sketch, and I may save it for a rainy day. I think it will be a fun color exercise!
Enjoy the Day,
Chris


Chris, this is one of your best - super smart.
ReplyDeleteWow, thanks Kyle. My girlfriend said the same thing!
ReplyDeleteGREAT concept! way to go Chris!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Peter. Its always nice when someone appreciates the concept as opposed to the rendering :)
ReplyDeleteNicely conceived & executed.
ReplyDeleteThanks Dominic!
ReplyDelete