Preliminary Sketch:
We were on a pretty short deadline and I already had some irons in the fire, so we discussed cover concepts over the phone to save the time of doing a round of sketches. The result is a sketch I thought to be pretty powerful and immediately empathetic; as a pet owner, I have witnessed very unhappy cats in pet carriers, and who wants to be in a cage? So I just tried to the initial suggestion of a officer/pet carrier and turn it into a crowded hand-held mini-prison.
Final Art without text:
I'm pretty stoked with how this image turned out, and I was very happy to add it to my portfolio. I hope the article was read by folks who can do something about the way these people are being treated; even if they are not citizens, they still have rights as human beings.
I was lucky to have my LA-based buddies Josh and Julie send me copies of the issue as well. Thanks guys!
Enjoy the Day,
Chris


this really is a stunning image
ReplyDeleteWow! This is amazing
ReplyDeleteThanks, homies!
ReplyDeleteExcellent image. One of your best IMO.
ReplyDeleteNicely done.
ReplyDelete