Different Thoughts on Education

Hello. This article was about how leaders in education are pushing students in unfocused directions. Dubbed "doublethink," they are pushing kids to develop entrepreneurial skills while still pressuring them to perform well on standardized tests. At this point, different schools are prioritizing whichever of the two directions they feel are the most valuable while still requiring students to fulfill both requirements. The result is a general loss of creativity in kids due to them trying to be both expectations of the perfect student.

Sketches:
-The brain was to be in red/blue 3D effect to show how kids are unable to focus. I may still take this to final as I just like the visual.


 -A bus pulling in opposite directions gets nowhere...I think this idea was passed over as I had just recent used a bus in a previous illo.

-Negative reinforcement, pushing kids too hard acts as a punishment.


-Two schools of thought are blinding the students as to what they should be trying to achieve.

Selected final:


I like how the colors turned out on this one.

Enjoy the Day,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment